How to Refresh Your Hardwood Deck this Spring
Shielding your deck from the sun’s UV rays is a safe and cost-effective way to extend the life of your outdoor retreat.
Spring is FINALLY here. At Advantage, one way we can tell it’s getting warmer is the influx of calls we get from customers and general deck owners like you who are looking for a fast and affordable way to finish their deck.
Do you need a way to liven up the color AND protect your hardwood deck from ultraviolet rays without having to apply coat after coat of chemical sealers? Simply follow this step-by-step guide and you’ll extend the life and beauty of your deck:
- Sweep excess dirt, debris & leaves from your deck surface (make sure gaps are cleared).
- Pre-rinse the surface with a garden hose.
- Wait until the deck surface is completely dry (at least 24 hours in most areas).
- Using a standard 3/8″ nap paint roller, apply a specially formulated deck oil finish for hardwood decking (like Ipe Oil™).
- Rub in any excess or pooled liquid that remains after 5 minutes using a dry rag.
- Let dry completely.
FOR BEST RESULTS:
- Avoid applying under full sun
- Don’t apply more than one coat in a season
- Avoid applying if rain is forecast within 24 hours
- Avoid applying in extreme hot or cold temperatures
That’s it. Following these steps will result in a vibrant looking deck that will last longer due to increased protection from the sun’s rays. If you need help, or have a question, please don’t hesitate to post your question below or call us toll free: