A Fast & Easy Way to Refresh Your Hardwood Deck
Do you need a way to liven up the color AND protect your hardwood deck from ultraviolet rays without having to apply coat after coat of chemical sealers? Simply follow this step-by-step guide and you'll extend the life and beauty of your deck:
- Sweep excess dirt, debris & leaves from your deck surface (make sure gaps are cleared).
- Pre-rinse the surface with a garden hose.
- Wait until the deck surface is completely dry (at least 24 hours in most areas).
- Apply Ipe Oil™ (specially formulated for all hardwood decking) using a standard 3/8" nap roller.
- Rub in any excess or pooled liquid that remains after 5 minutes using a dry rag.
- Let dry completely.
FOR BEST RESULTS:
- Avoid applying under full sun
- Don't apply more than one coat in a season
- Avoid applying if rain is in the forecast within 24 hours
- Avoid applying in extreme hot or cold temperatures
That's it. Following these steps will result in a vibrant looking deck that will last longer due to increased protection from the sun's rays.
Do You Know How Hardwood Decking & Flooring Is Made?
When you see the equipment we use to manufacture our premium grade decking, you'll understand why our customers are so happy. We use the world's finest milling equipment to ensure every decking, flooring, and cabinet grade lumber order you place with Advantage is manufactured to the highest industry standards. We custom mill Molding, Tongue & Groove and Railing in a variety of hardwoods.
You can discover how we make many of our hardwood products in this video that features a tour of our North Carolina manufacturing plant: How Hardwood Flooring is Made
If you want to learn why having the right equipment is the difference between having a spectacular deck or one that's just ho-hum, check out this sneak peek of one of our many Tongue & Groove & Pre-Grooved decking molders: