How To Cut Decking
How to Use a Saw to Cut Hardwood Decking
Before attempting to cut hardwood decking, you much make sure all proper safety measures are in place.
For instance, you must:
- Wear protective eye and face gear.
- Properly secure your deck boards clamped down.
- Don't rush when using a saw on extremely dense wood.
- Be careful not to trip on any wires.
- Unplug machinery when not in use.
Proper Cutting Techniques:
Steadily bring down the blade onto a properly secured piece of decking. This ensures a smooth and straight cut with minimal tear out.
Due to the extreme density of hardwoods like Ipe and Cumaru, cutting too fast can lead to disastrous results! You risk permanently damaging your equipment, wasting money due to damaged boards, and, of course, injuring yourself severely. Professional installers protect themselves on the job site by not rushing and by avoiding sloppiness.
Go back to see more How to Guides from AdvantageLumber.com.