We are required by Health and Safety Code, §25249.5 et seq. of the California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1989 (Proposition 65) to warn customers if any of our products pose a cancer risk.
Exposure to wood dust in significant amounts on a recurring basis is known to the State of California to cause cancer of the nose, throat, and sinuses.
You can reduce your exposure to wood dust by:
- Working outdoors
- Installing a dust-collection system when working indoors
- Wearing a well-fitted dust mask
- Vacuuming with a HEPA filter or using wet clean-up methods instead of sweeping or blowing
- Carefully bagging and sealing dust after cleanup
- Changing dust-covered clothes before entering your home or car