Wood Terms that Start with "Z"
|Lumber Glossary Term
- Light golden-yellow heartwood with streaks of dark brown to almost black
- Interlocked grain
- Coarse texture and lustrous surface
- Hard, heavy, and stable timber
- Mainly used for decorative purposes
|Zero Clearance Insert
||A blank insert for a table saw, the blade is raised up through it to create a kerf close to the sides of the blade.
- Various shades of black heartwood
- Irregular and wavy grain
- Carves and turns nicely
- Used for furniture, inlays, and turning.
Laws adopted by local governments that restrict the location and type of new construction.