- Scientific Name
- Eucalyptus grandis
- Common Name(s)
- Rose Gum, Flooded Gum
- Eastern Australia
- Average Dried Weight
- 40 lbs/ft3 (640 kg/m3)
- Specific Gravity
- Basic: .48, 12% MC: .64
- Janka Hardness
- 1,260 lbf (5,600 N)
- Modulus of Rupture
- 15,640 lbf/in2 (107.8 MPa)
- Elastic Modulus
- 2,052,000 lbf/in2 (14.15 GPa)
- Crushing Strength
- 8,020 lbf/in2 (55.3 MPa)
- Radial: 5.9%, Tangential: 10.1%, Volumetric: 15.5%, T/R Ratio: 1.7
- Red grandis™ wood is pink to reddish brown with paler sapwood. The grain is straight and shallowly interlocked, with a uniform, medium-course texture.
- Rot Resistance
- The wood is quite durable, but vulnerable to insect attack.
- It is fairly easy to work with, and it accepts glues and finishes well.
- No characteristic odor.
- Besides the standard health risks associated with any type of wood dust, no further health reactions have been associated with Red Grandis™.
- Available in good sizes and lengths in board form, with moderate pricing for imported hardwoods.
- This wood species is not listed in the CITES Appendices or on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
- Common Uses
- Flooring, millwork, furniture, boatbuilding.
- Red grandis™ is commonly grown on plantations.
Red Grandis™ Lumberjanka hardness: 1260
For more info on the janka hardness scale CLICK HERE
Red Grandis™ Lumber Prices
4/4 Red Grandis™ Lumber
8/4 Red Grandis™ Lumber